Bedding for boys consists of mattress covers, flat and fitted sheet sets, pillowcases, duvets, and sleeping bags in themes that boys are likely to enjoy. Some bedding for boys is also unisex and could be enjoyed by girls or adults who are interested in updating the look of their bedroom. With so many options for bedding for boys, it is important to know how to choose a size, material, and theme.
How do you choose boys bedding?
- Choose a size: Size options of bedding sets for kids include twin, twin extra-length, full, and queen. Choose the same size as the bed.
- Choose a color, pattern, or theme: Colors and patterns for bedding sets for boys include plaid, striped, geometric, and solid colors in black, gray, and the full spectrum of the rainbow. Themes for bedding include superheroes, animals, movie characters, camouflage, sports, and vehicles.
- Choose individual pieces or a set: Boys bedding may include throws, pillows, duvets, duvet covers, quilts, shams, sheets, comforters, or blankets.
- Choose a material: You may wish to have a bedding set that can go in a washing machine and clothes dryer for ease of laundering.
What materials are used in boys bedding?
- Polyester: Polyester is a durable material that is often used to fill sleeping bags and quilts.
- Cotton: Cotton is a common choice for sheets, quilts, blankets, throws, duvet covers, and blankets. Cotton may also be used as the filling material for pillows, comforters, or quilts. Cotton is often a preferred fabric for kids who have allergies to feathers or wool. Jersey knit and flannel sheets and blankets are made from cotton.
- Cotton and polyester blends.
- Nylon: Nylon is often used in the stitching of quilts, comforters, and blankets.
- Microfiber: Microfiber is a polyester blend that is soft to the touch and wicks away moisture. Comforters, blankets, sheets, pillowcases, and duvet covers may be made of microfiber.
- Feathers: Duvets, pillows, and comforters may have down feather filling.
How do you wash boys bedding?
Being able to wash kids comforter sets and bedding is convenient. Products that go on beds for kids are usually machine washable. Kids bedding will have a tag sewn onto one end by the manufacturer. The tag includes care instructions in written and symbol form. Most bedding can go into the washing machine on a regular or heavy-duty cycle. It is important to note the recommended water temperature. Hot water will get rid of dust mites, but cold water helps to maintain the bright colors often used in boys comforter sets. A kids twin comforter set will fit into most standard washing machines. Comforter sets bigger than twin size may need a large-capacity washing machine.