Computer Mice, Trackballs & Touchpads
Most desktop computers come with a wired or wireless mouse. A mouse may not come with your laptop but can be added after-the-fact. Other peripherals like trackballs and touchpads are available, as well. Apple's wireless Magic Trackpad and wireless Magic Trackpad 2 are several of the options Mac users can consider instead of a mouse.
Wired vs. Wireless Mouse
The first mice were wired and connected directly to the computer. This type of mouse is less popular today but has some advantages. Perhaps the best selling point for the wired mouse is that it won't run out of batteries.
A wireless mouse, on the other hand, connects to the computer via Bluetooth or RF signals. There are no cords to get tangled and you enjoy freedom of movement. However, you will need to charge the mouse or keep new batteries on hand.
Computer Mouse Features
Here are some features to consider when shopping for a mouse:
- Adjustable DPI: The DPI switch on the mouse permits you to adjust the mouse's sensitivity. Slow or fast sensitivity determines how quickly you can gesture to select and move the pointer and how quick clicks made on the mouse will register with the computer. A slower mouse allows you to edit or draw precisely, while a faster mouse allows you to select, copy, and paste items on your desktop with your mouse more rapidly.
- Ergonomic: Ergonomic mice are designed to help reduce muscle strain and decrease discomfort from working at the computer for long hours and moving the mouse repetitively.
- LED lighting: An optical mouse uses a bright LED light on the underside of the device to track movement, transferring it to the computer screen so you can interact. Mice used to have a ball for this, but those are uncommon today.
- ON/OFF switches: The ON/OFF switches for a wireless computer mouse are typically found on the base of the mouse.
- Programmable buttons: Some programmable buttons on a mouse allow wireless connection, while other programmable buttons let you select what actions happen or gestures are read when you click that button on your mouse.
What is a Gaming Mouse?
Gaming mice are designed with serious gamers in mind. Common features include an ergonomic shape that's more comfortable for extended play, faster response times, and programmable buttons. There are other peripherals for gamers, including gaming keyboards, that are worth considering when outfitting your computer.
What are Trackballs?
Trackballs have roller sensors built inside the mouse. These roller sensors are calibrated to read X and Y axis movements on each ball. The sensors detect the degrees rotated, which in turn enables scrolling. Rolling the ball with the thumb, fingers, or palm of the hand moves the pointer.
What are Wireless Trackpads?
A wireless trackpad is an alternative device to the typical mouse. A trackpad is a touchpad panel that senses the movement of the user's finger. Most touchpads are built into laptops. Wireless trackpads are sold separately and operate via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
The Magic Trackpad and the Magic Trackpad 2 from Apple are multi-touch trackpads. The Magic Trackpad and Magic Trackpad 2 come in a variety of sizes to allow the user to select according to their need. Moreover, both work with a stylus or digital pen that can be pressed on the pad surface to draw and were designed to recognize the handwriting interface.
Certified Refurbished Computer Mice, Trackballs & Touchpads
Looking to save on your next purchase? Consider shopping eBay Refurbished items on eBay. Your mouse, trackball, or touchpad will arrive in like-new condition, including instruction manuals, packaging, and accessories. Buyers enjoy a 2-year warranty and 30-day return/replacement policy that starts when you take delivery. Participating sellers are held to eBay's highest standards of customer service and are regularly monitored to ensure they're hitting our metrics. In other words, you can get a great product at a great price by choosing a Certified Refurbished item.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple or Logitech.
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products.Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about ebay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
Ship it back:You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.