Everything You Need to Know About Selecting Dental Laboratory X-Ray Machines and Equipment
Proper dental equipment ensures that dental procedures operate smoothly and efficiently. Whether youre a dentist or a dental assistant, it is likely for you to use an X-ray machine from time to time. On eBay, there is a plethora of dental laboratory X-ray machines and equipment available, which is why it is essential that you find one that is right for you.What are some features of an intraoral camera?
Intraoral cameras possess many unique features, such as the following:
- Wireless and USB options: Intraoral cameras can connect to your laptop or desktop wirelessly or via a USB cord. The wireless options are excellent for situations where you might have to move the device in multiple directions as it prevents you from getting tangled in the cord.
- Photo and video-recording: While intraoral cameras display live images on a screen, some models allow the user to take photos and record videos to view later.
- LED lamp: The inside of the mouth is quite dark, which is why it is important to purchase a camera with LED lights to help produce clearer images.
- Increased megapixels: Most intraoral cameras are between three to six megapixels. The increased megapixels help healthcare professionals identify potential issues.
A few types of used dental lab X-ray equipment include the following:
- X-ray sensor holders: X-ray sensor holders feature an adjustable clamping device to ensure a precise position every time. The ideal sensor holder is durable and can withstand repeated use. Most sensor holders are used for periapical, endodontic, and bitewing radiographs.
- X-ray machines: X-ray machines are the bread and butter of the dental industry. This piece of equipment is used daily for preventative care and diagnostic purposes.
- Barrier envelopes: Barrier envelopes help reduce the risk of infection via intraoral digital sensors. The envelopes help minimize cross-contamination as they are single-use.
- X-ray films: Intraoral X-ray films enable dental professionals to diagnosis and monitor their patients teeth.
- Positioning systems: Positioning systems come with multiple arms, rings, and bite blocks. These pieces allow sensors and X-ray machines to be adjusted to meet each individuals needs.
When selecting fairly priced dental X-ray equipment, it is essential that you are aware of its functions. Make sure that any preowned X-ray machines or other dental laboratory equipment you intend on purchasing is compatible with your current equipment. For example, some digital sensors require specific barrier envelopes and positioning system attachments. With that in mind, you may want to look for equipment that is universal and does not have particular requirements.