Doctor Who TV, Movie and Video Game Action Figures
Doctor Who is a long-running television series that has spawned a number of toys, games, and action figures. Iconic supporting items like the TARDIS and the characters sonic screwdriver are available to add to your collection. You can also choose characters like the Dalek, a group of enemies the titular character has faced several times throughout his adventures.What Doctor Who toys and action figures can you buy?
The British TV program, which even includes a rebooted Doctor Who series, has been in production for such a long time that it provides a large number of characters and items as the inspiration for toys and figures. You can buy Doctor Who action figures as collectors items or as toys for young children.
- Doctor Who action figures from the classic era are available and include such figures as various time lords and companions up to the 8th representation of the character.
- You can choose both classic and contemporary versions of some of the main characters most famous foes, including both variants of the Cybermen and the Daleks.
- If you are looking for vinyl Doctor Who toys, there are miniature figures of nearly all of the title characters incarnations and several of his companions. You can also purchase secondary toys like the TARDIS in its miniature form.
- Several action figures from the television series are available as a set and include their own collectible TARDIS case.
- Many of these toys are available in "carded" form with their original packaging intact.
The wide variety of Doctor Who toys and games on the market means that there are different ways to care for them based on their type. You will need to handle items like the figures differently depending on whether they are meant for play or as part of a collectible set. However, there are a few basic guidelines you can follow with all of these items.
- If you plan to collect carded Doctor Who action figures and keep them in their original packaging, be sure to store them in a cool, dry place and away from any hazards that could damage either the cardboard backing or plastic bubble container.
- Your vinyl figures may collect dust and other debris if they become sticky. Should this happen, you can clean them easily using common dish soap and a light cloth.
- Consider storing opened figurines in plastic bags and out of direct sunlight to prevent fading, discoloration, and potential deforming of the plastic.