Eileen Fisher Clothing for Women
Eileen Fisher is a women's retail clothing brand focusing on simple fabrics, silhouettes, and colors. It was created by Eileen Fisher, an interior designer and graphic artist, in 1984. Her design line is based on the classic Kimono.How do you choose an Eileen Fisher garment to purchase?
The brand's clothing comes in a range of styles and shapes. They focus on a few shapes and colors at a time. Choose what type of garment you are looking for based on your preferences and where you plan on wearing the item:
- Tank tops and Camis - These can be layered or worn on their own. Some silhouettes are longer and more free-flowing. However, they come in fitted and shorter options as well.
- Blouses - There is a range of tops from T-shirts to button-up blouses. They come in short sleeve, three-fourth, long sleeve, and sleeveless options.
- Tunics - Tunics usually have a straight torso. They often have a split hem and a stand collar, although many variations exist. The sleeves can be any length.
- Pants and Jumpsuits - Eileen Fisher pants are available in wide-leg, straight-leg, slim-leg, cropped, and slouchy options. They also make leggings and jumpsuits to go with many outfits.
- Dresses and Skirts - There are a range of dress and skirt lengths, and silhouettes. Many are flowy or have a tissue hem.
- Sweaters and Cardigans - Sweaters can also be layered or worn alone. The sweaters come in a variety of shapes and colors.
- Denim - The brand uses denim to make jeans, blouses, skirts, and pants.
- Jackets and Blazers - Some jackets can be worn as shirts or jackets.
Choose your size. The clothing comes in regular, plus, and petite size ranges.
- Regular ranges from XXS to XL and 0-18.
- Plus sizes range from 16W-24W.
- Petite sizes are 2P-20P.
Look for a color you like. Most Eileen Fisher garments are naturally dyed and have a muted color palate.
- Neutrals like beige, brown, grey, black, and white
- Colors like blue, green, red, pink, purple, and yellow
The brand tends to focus on natural materials. The brand does use synthetic materials and mixes of materials to enhance wearability and washability.
- Organic Cotton
They also offer featured fabrics and blends of fabrics such as:
- Washable stretch crepe
- Organic cotton jersey
- Viscose jersey
- Silk georgette crepe