Why is a Car Tweeter Important?
When setting up a decent car stereo system, there are different aspects that need to come together in order to create the right sound. One of the important components that you should have is a tweeter, one of the speakers in your overall car audio system. You can find different size tweeters from brands like Focal, along with other car stereo parts and accessories.
What is the Function of a Tweeter?
Since there are different types of speakers which make up a car audio system, its important to know what a tweeter does.
- Output sound: While subwoofers create bass sounds, and mid-range speakers create mid sounds, tweeters are responsible for delivering the high frequency sounds. This includes singing, high notes, and pitches, which add an emotional dimension to music.
- Location: For audio clarity, the tweeter usually goes in the dash, so you are able to easily hear singing and voice, rather than having the subwoofer drown it out.
- Design: While you can find many dome tweeters for your car, Focal has a range of inverted dome tweeters. An inverted dome tweeter is more rigid and reduces distortion, all while having more flexibility in the listening position.
What Makes a Good Car Stereo System?
There is much to think about when it comes to installing a new car stereo system. While all the parts can be interchangeable, up-gradable, and replaceable, it may take some trial and error to get the right kind of stereo sound that you want in your vehicle. The main components that you should have are:
- Head Unit: This is ultimately the brains of your system and where you control all music playing from your dashboard. The size of unit that you need depends entirely on how much space you have to work with, and your personal preference of whether or not you want a touchscreen or combined GPS. You can also have a unit which has smart capabilities that can pair with your mobile phone.
- Amplifier: If you like powerful music coming through your speakers then you will need an amplifier. In your car, an amplifier boosts the signal from your head unit to your speakers to make better use of them with a greater sound level. You dont need to go overboard with a powerful amp if you have a small car and weak speakers, and it will totally defeat the purpose of having one.
- Speaker system: It is possible to find speaker kits which have a set of speakers you can install at the same time. If you are looking to obtain the pieces separately, then you need to think about tweeters, mid-range speakers and subwoofers.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Focal.