Find Your Direction with a Garmin GPSMAP
When you are out and about, handheld GPS devices are useful tools because they are portable and can go anywhere you can. Luckily, there are options available for GPSMAP devices on eBay. Read on to discover more about these safety devices.Are there marine-specific handheld devices?
Garmin makes many products specifically for those who are frequently out on the water. They include:
- GPSMAP 861xsv: Theres a range of display sizes, from 10-inch to 24-inch screens. The touchscreen display lets you navigate the menu. These models include preloaded BlueChart g3 coastal and LakeVu HD information. Theyre network compatible with NMEA 2000 and include ANT and Wi-Fi compatibility.
- GPSMAP 78: This rugged and waterproof handheld comes with a worldwide base map, rubber side grips, a high-sensitive receiver, and a micro SD card slot. The 78s come with a three-axis tilt-compensated electric compass and barometric altimeter. The 78sc comes with all those features, plus a built-in BlueChart g2 coastal chart system.
Theyre relatively similar but do have different features. The basics of them are:
- GPSMAP 64: It has a 2.6-inch color screen that you can see even in strong sunlight. It includes a GPS and GLONASS receiver with a quad helix antenna. There is 4GB of internal memory and room to add a micro SD card. The preloaded worldwide base map has shaded relief and 250,000 caches for paperless caching.
- GPSMAP 64s: The screen, receiver, and antenna are the same as in the 64 models. The 64s comes with a three-axis compass with a barometric altimeter and wireless connectivity. Via Bluetooth technology or ANT+, you can connect a compatible device that lets you share your waypoints and routes with others, and it also allows you to receive smart notifications whenever email, texts, and alerts come from a wirelessly connected smartphone.
- GPSMAP 64st: This model is similar to the 64s. Its additional advantage is that its preloaded with TOPO 100K. This program includes full coverage of the United States, including Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. It includes roads, trails, and topographic maps that are comparable to 1:100,000 sale USGS maps, in addition to hydrographic features and searchable points of interest.
These electronic compasses can compensate for tilt. That means that you can get your bearings even when holding the device at an angle, as people naturally do when walking. Such features can save you time, letting you either stay on the move or in whatever position you find yourself in, and you wont have to bother with getting your Garmin GPSMAP device perfectly level.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Garmin.