Collectibles, such as movie memorabilia, can turn classic story items of yesteryear into treasures that capture the movie magic and wonder of Hollywood and world cinema of another time. These programs and memorabilia include images from various film genres, different countries, and foreign languages.What are the different categories of movie memorabilia available?
- Original or made for production: A piece of merchandise that was originally used in a movie.
- Screen used: A production item that had been used in a movie release.
- Replica: A duplicate of an authentic item. A replica can be an advantageous item to purchase if it is cosmetically accurate to an original.
- Movie posters: These type of posters can range from posters via an original premiere or duplicates of film advertisements.
- Photos: Pictures of actors and movie sets.
- Autographs: These are coveted autographs from various movie stars or cast members directly involved in a movie.
- Figurines and statues: These are physical and inanimate portrayals of different characters that are portrayed in a show or movie.
- Movie and video: Often times collector editions of movies are made in limited quality, which makes them a sought-after collectible.
- Advertisements: This category can vary from movie trailers, but an example would be an ad for a movie premiere. An ad may be either in paper or digital form.
- Industry magazines, newspaper clippings, press kits: These are a collection of printable items that advertise or review specific movies.
In addition to featuring lesser-known actors and actresses, some Hollywood and international film stars are featured in movie memorabilia. They include:
- Brigitte Bardot
- Sophia Loren
- Charlie Chaplin
- Elizabeth Taylor
- The Marx Brothers
- Dennis Quaid
- Marilyn Monroe
- Bruce Lee
While many movie programs and memorabilia are available in English, many foreign languages can also be found. Some of the other languages featured are:
You can find movie programs from a variety of genres like thrillers, dramas, and comedies. Memorabilia from a range of titles from movies for kids to Blockbuster hits are available. Some of them include:
- "Back to the Future"
- "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves"
- "The Silence of the Lambs"
- "A Clockwork Orange"
- "Lawrence of Arabia"
- "The Man Who Knew Too Much"
- "Die Another Day"
- "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthurs Court"