Wall Clocks With Features Like Non-Ticking and Silent Sweep
A wall clock can provide a convenient and stylish way to tell time. If its going to be located in a space that needs to be totally quiet, though, its important to carefully consider your options. After all, theres nothing silent about the constant ticking that a standard clock emits.What types of non-ticking clocks are available?
There are different varieties of non-ticking clocks available.
- Silent sweep: These analog models feature a second hand that rotates around the face constantly, completing a rotation in one minute. Since that hand isnt geared to move forward once every second, the sound associated with that movement is eliminated.
- No second hand: These models dont have a hand for measuring seconds at all. Since the device is tracking seconds without any mechanical movement, the sound that would be associated with that movement is eliminated.
- Digital: A digital model removes the mechanical components altogether. Since there are no moving parts, there arent any ticking sounds.
Its important to consider the space where you plan to display your timepiece before choosing a specific model.
- Room size: If you need to be able to see the clock from anywhere in the room, look for a model that is large enough to be read from far away.
- Wall: Make sure the surface where you plan to mount your device is strong enough to support its weight.
- Backlight: If you need to be able to see what time it is, even when its dark, you can get a model that is equipped with a backlight. Both analog and digital models can come equipped with this feature.
- Power source: Depending on where you plan to locate your device, youll want to select a model that you can provide power to easily. Different models can be powered by batteries, AC power, or solar power.
In addition to the basic function of displaying the time, you can select a model that is equipped with extra features. For example:
- Auto set: These models are equipped with a receiver that communicates with a remote server that sets the time automatically and accounts for time changes.
- Backlight: As mentioned above, many models are equipped with backlights so that you can see the time in the dark. Backlights are available in blue, green, amber, and other colors.
- Climate information: In addition to the time, some models can display information about the temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure.
- Date: In addition to seconds, minutes, and hours, some clocks can provide information about the day of the week, the month, and the year.