Purina Dog Food
Purina is a pet food manufacturer that uses a variety of natural ingredients to make many types of pet foods. Their food has ingredients that are healthy for both puppies and adult dogs. Some brands of their pet food include Purina Beyond, Pro Plan, and Purina One.How many calories are in Purina One dog food?
There are many types of Purina dog food available. Each type has a variant list of ingredients and different varieties of nutrition. These formulas are typically created based on the dogs life stages. So some types of Pro Plan may have more wheat or chicken. Just a few types of dry dog food to consider include:
- Healthy Puppy: 465 calories
- SmartBlend – Healthy Puppy: 381 calories
- Large Breed Puppy: 404 calories
- SmartBlend – Small Bites Beef & Rice: 388 calories
- SmartBlend – Chicken & Rice: 383 calories
Purina dog food is a carefully formulated series of natural recipes and food plans that have been created to improve and sustain your pets health. Each type of Purina Pro Plan has been carefully crafted by various nutritionists and veterinarians. Purina Beyond is an example of dry dog food that falls under the Pro Plan. Purina Beyond helps pets who have been sick to recover from their illness by adding fortified ingredients.What are the ingredients in Purina dog food?
The recipe and nutrition of the dog food will vary. Some will have higher concentrations of protein than others. Some types of Purina dog food will be best-suited for certain types and sizes of dogs. A typical natural puppy or dog food recipe from the Pro Plan includes many of the following nutrients:
- Protein: Chicken makes up a large portion of the protein in many Purina pet food formulas. However, most Pro plan pet foods may also include lamb, turkey, salmon, beef, ocean whitefish, tuna, venison, duck, and more.
- Carbohydrates: Most of the carbs in Pro Plan come in the form of rice flour. However, Pro Plan ingredient lists also include brewers rice, brown rice, long grain rice, whole grain corn, whole grain wheat, oatmeal, and barley.
- Vegetables: To promote more balanced nutrition for your pet, most recipes of Purina include vegetables. You can find carrots, peas, spinach, sweet potatoes, and other veggies in your Purina Pro Plan dog food.
- Vitamins and minerals: Multiple vitamins and minerals are added to Purina Pro Plan food. These include vitamin B7, vitamin B5, phosphoric acid, folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin K, niacin, riboflavin, vitamin A, vitamin D3, and various amino acids.