Smart Watches: What You Need to Know
Smart watches pair with your phone to put messaging and apps right on your wrist. They don't simply clone your phone, though. A smart watch might track your heart rate, measure the distance run, or compile other interesting metrics. Many brands have jumped into the smart watch category, with the Apple Watch perhaps the most popular option.
What Can You Do With a Smart Watch?
A smart watch connects to a smartphone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, making a wealth of features available. Here are some common uses for smart watches:
- Using GPS to get directions or to monitor the calories you consume while walking or riding a bike
- Playing music using Bluetooth headphones
- Making and receiving phone calls
- Reading and responding to text messages
- Getting news, sports scores, and weather updates
- Making reservations
- Syncing with your smartphone schedule to display your daily agenda
- Checking social media statuses and notifications
- Making purchases by waving your watch over a store’s credit card terminal
What to Consider When Shopping
There are several things to think about ahead of making a purchase. The watch should be attractive with a high-quality display and a user-friendly interface. The watch's operating system (most often Wear OS, Tizen, or watchOS) should be compatible with your phone. For example, some Samsung watches work with both Android and Apple phones. However, the Apple Watch will only pair with an iPhone. Other things to think about include battery life and price.
Watch Face Shapes and Straps
Although rectangular is the most common design, there are smart watches that have a circular display similar to traditional timepieces. Many models have changeable straps, so you can accessorize when going casual, sporty, or formal.
One major selling point of smart watches has been their ability to monitor things like heart rate and exercise. If you're interested in these features, choose a model that has a heart-rate sensor, pedometer, and accelerometer. Some watches report the amount of calories burned and even display a report of your performance at day’s end.
Certified Refurbished Smart Watches
Buying a eBay Refurbished smart watch can be a great way to save on a high-quality device. These watches are guaranteed to arrive in like-new condition, along with any accessories, instruction manuals, and packaging. That means you enjoy off-the-shelf performance, often at a significant savings over buying new. Buyers get a 2-year warranty and have 30 days to return or exchange the watch from when it's delivered. Sellers are held to eBay's highest standards of customer service and are monitored to ensure they're hitting the relevant metrics. When it's time to get a smart watch and you're looking for a bargain, start your search with our Certified Refurbished products.
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products.Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about ebay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
Ship it back:You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.